Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
Our new Monarch Ascension is a 2M F3-RES class sailplane that can be enjoyed by sport fliers and competitors alike.
The inspiration for this sailplane came from our "Monarch Series" of Handlaunch gliders, specifically the "D-Lite" version we produced in the mid 1990's which were all composite materials. We wanted the performance, structural integrity, and great handling feel in a 2M sailplane, only this time constructed primarily of wood.
With the Ascension, we believe we tapped into that concept. With the span increase, we have also increased overall performance while maintaining the wonderful personality of the "D-lite".
The reduced weight of the Ascension improves low-speed performance. An accompanying reduction in wing area to keep the wing loading adequate for good penetration provides great performance at all air speeds!
* "D" tube wing construction, low density and custom sized wing sheeting provides excellent torsional strength to weight ratio (flutter resistance)
* Single center section wing joiner
* Optimized carbon spar caps used in wing spar (no doublers required!)
* All wood fuse is optimized with components and construction for reduced weight and torsional strength
* A basically "straight" wing spar system reduces weight and simplifies construction (improves load-carrying capabilities)
* Sheet tail surfaces simplify construction, this combined with long control horns, provides strength with flutter resistance.
* "Two" spoiler system, this keeps spoiler-generated turbulence from interfering with the tail
* Assembly "jigs" included to insure accuracy of wing assembly
* 2 screw wing mounting system (less screws to lose!)
2, 4 to 7 gram servos (The D47's we sell work well)
1 or 2 cell LiPo receiver battery (dimensions of compartment are 1/2"H x 1"W x approx. 3"L) (We recommend "Venom Fly" 30C 800mah)
Full range mini receiver
2 servos (8mm thick) (The D47 we sell works well)
2 Servo extensions, approx. 12" each
Wing span: 78" (2 meters)
Weight (ready to fly): 11.8oz-13.8oz (334 grams - 391 grams)
Wing area: 507.5 sq. in. (32.47 sq dm)
Wing loading: 11.8oz (334 grams) is 3.348oz/sq ft (10.2gr/sq dm)
13.8oz (391 grams) is 3.916oz/sq ft (11.9gr/sq dm)